1. Kawaza Desiree; www.kawazadesiree.tumblr.com
2. Photographer: John Shiel MUA, Styling, & Concept: Kawaza Desiree Location: Downtown Chicago
3. I don’t have an agent.
4. To be honest, I never thought about modeling for real growing up. Looking back, I was always taking pictures of myself, but never thought of modeling. When I did really begin to consider modeling, I was afraid to truly go after it because I’m short. After doing my first photoshoot for my best friend’s styling portfolio (though those pictures will NEVER see the light of day because I was horrible), I began to take modeling seriously. Seeing my best friend step out on a limb and take the first steps in following her dreams gave me the courage to do the same. For a while I was doing it for myself. But, I soon realized that my dreams are bigger than me. I realized that I want to be an inspiration to other petite women. So, I don’t do this for myself anymore; I do it for the shorties all over the world. Petite women inspire me to keep going. Seeing myself progress with each photo shoot inspires me.
5. My ethnicity? AWESOMENESS. DOPE juice. mixed with short legs and a short frame. No seriously I’m African American.
6. I’m 5’0”, real life petite.
7. I would be lying if I said I didn’t want to be the world’s first petite supermodel. That would be nice! But, my main goal is to just inspire other petite women and give them the courage to model as well. Some of my personal goals are to intern for Bella Petite Magazine, becoming one of their editors one day, and eventually being on one of their covers. Bella Petite is a magazine focused on bringing petite models to the forefront. Here’s their website: www.bellapetite.com . Also, I’d like to start my own petite modeling agency down the line someday. I want to do high-fashion and editorial modeling. I want to also act. I love the art of storytelling and how actors allow themselves to BE, and not act.